Friday, December 3, 2010

The Princess Bride Drinking Game

So I mentioned that we played the The Princess Bride Drinking Game over Thanksgiving break. These are the Rules:
Drink when:
1. Anyone says "True Love."
2. Wesley says "As you wish."
3. Vinzinni says "Inconceivable!"
4. Fezzik rhymes.
5. Inigo says "Hello, my name is Inigio Montoya..."
6. Scene cuts back to the boy and Grandfather.
7. The Six-Fingered Man is mentioned.
8. The Dread Pirate Roberts is mentioned. 
9. Any time Wesley defeats a new foe. (i.e. Inigo, Fezzik, fire swamp things.)

Please do note that I counted the times they say "True love" and it's fifteen. Don't ever play this with liquor, you'll die. Or at least vomit everywhere. 
By the way, this is my favorite movie EVAR. I will watch it anytime, but especially if I'm feeling down. Cheers me right up! 
I also have a couple other games... to Labyrinth and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (the latter you can really only enjoy if you play the game to anyhow - Willie's character is unbearable!) While playing The Temple of Doom one I drunkenly invented a new rule on top of the others called "BEEFCAKE!  HARRISON FORD NOT OLD RULE." which is exactly how I wrote it down. My favorite in the Labyrinth game is one we didn't even realize we were missing until 1/2 way through: drink when you see the owl. You'd be drinking through all the credits at the beginning! We were very glad, sitting there with our wine, that we did not use that rule. There's also an Epic sounding game I haven't convinced anyone to play yet: Lord of the Rings. (weighted for the Fellowship movie.) So many prompts. Would be so good. Especially with extended edition! I generally find that around 7-9 prompts is quite enough for the average movie. Especially for one like Indiana Jones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment